Door locks are an important facet of a structure, either be it residential or commercial. They supply protection unlike other available gadgets. Mostly undermined, the choices of should be made with accuracy so as to meet your requirements.
- Knob Locks
– the most widely used type of door locks installed on inside doors. Although these are not good to use for outside doors because they are not the most secure ones. But they can still be used if used in combination with deadbolt type locks. They have internal locks and the knobs are on either side of the door, either for locking outside or in
- Mortise Locks
– These are strong locks are broadly used for mercantile doors, entry glass doors, and apartment doors. These are commonly comprised of complicated hardware set up to the door and is put in place by a set screw and uses a cam to activate the hardware
There are multiple types of mortice cylinder locks, these includes but are not limited to three level mortice locks and five lever mortice locks. The amount of levers in a lock indicate how many points the door will lock onto the frame. The more lever, the higher the security.
– these are the most straightforward kinds of locks which you can bring around anywhere, which means, differing from other locks they are not permanently connected to a door or any object you use it on. The padlocks can be used on a door, gate, locker or even bags to secure a specific space and stop theft and vandalism of your belongings. The parts are a shoulder shackle, a part in which the padlock shoulders lift the sides of the shackle that prevents thieves from using bolt cutters to cut them.
– are undeniably the most popular type of lock, and are mostly use in residences. They are opened by inserting then turning a key or by a knob, sans a spring. These have the quality of having a distinctive locking apparatus that will lessen the dangers of forced entry by making it almost improbable for a robber to come crashing through a door.
- Smart Locks
– These are unique because there is no need for keys to lock and unlock them, alternatively it is equipped with a keypad or a card reader. To open these you will have to have a special card or input a code on the keypad. These type of locks are widely used in offices and hotels, but it has become more common in apartments and residences for security purposes. Smart locks are a new innovation in security that are gaining notoriety among home owners the past few years due to its high tech features.